As I try to be more regular in posting (consistency is key!). I realize how time consuming blogging can be. I wanted to get a post up yesterday but I just couldn’t find the time. I think that I’m going to have to start making the most of my time and writing a few posts at a time and schedule them.
So the plan was to talk about my hopes and goals for my 27th year. Most of them are SBR related but I have some life/school stuff too. Ready, set, go…
1. Finish my comprehensive exams. When you are getting your Ph.D. you have to pass written and oral exams before you can begin your dissertation. Before you can start your exams you have to finish all your coursework. After you finish your exams you are considered an ABD (all but dissertation).
2. Complete Ironman Kansas 70.3! This is my big triathlon goal right now.
3. Run my first marathon, if all goes well I will be able to cross this off my list on 10/13/13. Chicago here I come!
4. Find a triathlon coach and finalize plans for a full 140.6. This depends on a few things, 1. $$$$$ and 2. Finding a race that meets my needs and that is still open for registration.
5. Get a half-marathon PR, I’m looking for a PR at the Disney Princess Half in February. I’m not sure how realistic this is due to all the fun I’m going to have during the race but it is something I have my eye on. (Current PR: 2:04, I would love to break 2 hours!!!!)
6. Begin planning a trip to Europe with the husband. This is on our before baby bucket list and it almost a non negotiable. I see issues with this hope and #4. We will see how it all unfolds.
And that’s it. I want to keep my goals attainable so my list is short but I do think it is manageable.